Recently I had the opportunity to register a new business with Video Verification for Google. Thank God, this is a breakthrough for Australian businesses.
PO Box drama.
Reading through the forums and socials on this issue assures me that I am not the only one who has had drama registering the business with the old Postcode system. I don’t know if it’s a conflict with the Australia Post system or if it is a worldwide issue, but wherever a business has a post office address it seems to be impossible to get the Official Google Post Card with the verification code through to the actual physical address.
Steps: Video Verification for Google Business Profiles
Important: You can delete your video at any time. If you cancel a video upload, neither you nor Google will have access to the video. Learn how to delete your video.
Step 1: Upload your video
Plan your video. In one continuous recording, include:
- Your current location. To show your Google Maps location, capture outside signs, like your street’s name, nearby businesses, or the area around your business.
- Business or equipment. To show that your business is at this Google Maps location, capture your operations. This can include things like stock for sale, branded equipment, marketing materials, and tools you use to serve your customers.
- Proof of management. To show that you’re authorized to represent your business, capture your access to employee-only items or areas. This includes things like a cash register, kitchen, storage room, or non-sensitive business documents. You can also use your keys to open your facility.
On your mobile device, go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
Tip: If you start verification on a computer, to continue on your mobile device, you can scan a QR code.
- Tap Get verified and then Capture video.
- Tap Start recording. Follow the steps and record your video.
- Tap Stop recording and then Upload video.
Step 2: Wait for review.
After you upload your video, google will review it. Reviews can take up to 5 business days.
If you’re verified, you get a notification.
If the video method doesn’t work, the “Get verified” button will show up. You can try a different verification option.
Step 3: Delete your video
On Google Search, go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
At the top right, click More Menu and then Advanced settings and then Video uploads and then Delete videos.